For more than a decade I've been building my skills professionally developing and maintaining modern, dynamic websites.
- Front-end, U.I. Specialized
- Demandware Developer
- SEO Trained & Experienced
- Semantic Web
- Responsive Design
- Search Optimization
- Compliant Markup
- jQuery / U.I.
- CSS / HTML5
If you have a website, I can help you build it up to an accessible, fully-functional, user-friendly marketing & support platform.
Enhance your online presence
Having a basic website is a great start, but there are many ways to improve your visitor's experience and increase your return on investment.
- Responsive Design. There is no denying it; the Internet is going mobile. Inegrating Responsive Design into your templates will make your content viewable on various screen widths. You don't need a mobile website, just a website that works on mobile!
- Blogs & Social Media. I can build you a comprehensive, modern blog with all the social tools to help your visitors stay connected with your content. You may also want to add links or widgets to your site so your visitors can "email to a friend" or "add to Facebook."
- Forums & Discussion Boards can be installed on your website to allow visitors to interact and form a web community.
- Website Statistics & Visitor Tracking can be installed to gather a detailed understanding of your visitors, search ranking, and page access. The more you know about your traffic, the better you can adjust your content to increase lead generation.
- Custom Landing Pages & Lead-Generation Forms. For most businesses, the ultimate goal of a website is to create leads. Custom landing pages and dynamic forms can actually pre-qualify leads and send data directly to your email, database or Customer relationship management application (CRM).
- Website Redesign or Refresh. Often minor changes to colors and link placement can greatly improve website performance.
- Content Management System (CMS). I can take your website and re-build it within a CMS to allow for non web-savvy people to maintain the website content. Often clients want more control over the content of their websites. This will allow them to do so. Tools include WordPress and Drupal.
Website updates & maintenance
Whether a critical bug fix, simple content edit, or the implementation of dynamic lead-generation forms, I work and consult with clients to ensure I understand what they are trying to achieve. Often clients do not realize what options are available to them.
For your website to deliver results, don't launch it and forget it. Keep it current.
I often hear: "My site doesn't seem to perform well anymore... what gives?"
Once a website is developed and deployed, the code does not change unless updated. This may seem obvious, but I make the point because the technology used to view and share that site is constantly changing and evolving. A site that performed well two years ago may need to be updated to ensure the content is still compatible with today's standards and optimized for search engines.
Best practices for compatibility & performance
Modern websites have little in common with their static, brochure-style predecessors. I implement proper coding standards and semantics, current Search Engine Optimization practices, database integration, and many years of proven industry experience to produce websites and applications that are as eloquent as they are functional.
- Search Engine Optimized naming and coding practices focused on making the site messaging search-friendly
- Standards-Compliant Code ensures site is accessible to screen readers and text-only browsers
- Organized Codebase cuts down on time involved in site maintenance and updates
- Lead-Generation Landing Pages, forms, and CRM integration (Salesforce, Eloqua)
- Mobile and Print Stylesheets ensures content displays correctly on various platforms
- Analytics integration for reporting on site traffic and search activity
- Content Management Systems allows non-technical people to update and manage website content
Get better search engine ranking
Getting your content ranked on the major Search Engines is critical. Not only do your pages need to be indexed, you need to be indexed based on your messaging.
I usually find that "designers," not "developers," build websites. The problem is that they lack the back-end code knowledge required to achieve deep search indexing. A website might look nice in a browser, but what do the Search Engine "crawlers" see? Always have a web developer build your site, even if a web designer design it.
I have industry training, and years of experience with SEO. I can audit your website, tweak the code, and make your current site as search-friendly as possible.
- Complete META data can make a difference in how your pages are read by search bots.
- Proper document outline and semantics can allow search engines to target your content and messaging.
- Compliant markup ensures all your page data is accessible by the search engines. Not all code is made equal.