Andrew P Watson

Web Developer

Police, eggs, cleaning, computer format, and 50 people at my house tomorrow… yikes!

Sat, 08/08/2009 - 20:05

Today really covered the bases. I’m not sure if I can do it justice in a quick post, but let’s try.

First off, we woke up at 7:30am to pounding bass from the neighbor coming through the bedroom wall. Make no mistake, this was not “kinda loud”. I’m talking “jump up in bed, it’s 7-eff’n-30 in the morning, what the hell are you thinking?” sort of loud. I got all pissed off and started cursing, while my wife walked outside and and knocked on the neighbors door, half asleep, to ask if they can maybe turn it down. She had to bang a few times just to get them to hear her.

When they did finally come to the door, the neighbor said they would “take care of it” in a crass, rude tone and slammed the door in my 8-month pregnant wife’s face. Not shut it, but shook the entire front of the house. I tell you, these people are a piece of work.

Well a few minutes later, considering the music continued to bang against our wall, we called the police. A further two minutes later, a cruiser arrived to find the neighbors sitting in plastic chairs with a little plastic table on the front porch smoking. Music was echoing out the door behind them. The porch is common area, they are not even supposed to be out there settled in and smoking – but don’t even get me started on that.

The officer walked up to the house and talked to them for a second. Then he left and they went back inside. A few minutes later, after the music had been shut down, the neighbors got in their car and also left. What a lousy way to start the morning, but at this point at least I’m up and ready to go.

We went for breakfast at Connie’s Stagecoach for a change, made some plans for the day, and headed off to do a crap load of errands:

Got chairs for the party.
Got food for the party.
Set up the backyard (what backyard we have) for the party.
Cleaned the house for the party.

What I can’t wait for, is tomorrow at about 4pm; when thing is over and I don’t have to do anything else “for the party”. Then again, at that point I’ll be cleaning up… after the party. Uhg.

I somehow also found time this evening to re-do my computer. Every year or so I format the drive and re-install everything new and fresh. Maybe I’m just neurotic, but it keeps the machine running smooth and keeps the crap that builds up in Windows to a minimum. I have a pretty slick backup system so it’s really no big deal. I just re-install all the programs and dump the files back in from the server in the basement. I’d say the entire thing took me about two hours. I ran into one issue with the ATI Mobility drivers, but a quick .Net update took care of that. Now I have a nice new clean computer again… good stuff.

Anyways, it’s way too late for me to be up. I have 50 people coming to my house tomorrow for a baby shower/cookout and I need to be on my A-game to avoid disaster. I remembered at the last minute tonight that I didn’t post anything today. As I’ve mentioned, I’m trying to see how long I can go posting every day. Aside from the “boring for anyone to read” rants, it’s actually kind of fun to spill my thoughts out like this once a day. It certainly does not make for very interesting reading at times, but hey… sometimes I’m just not that interesting. ;)


Add new comment

Enter your favorite racetrack.